October 13, 2023 3:00 pm to October 15, 2023 4:00 pm
296 Marsh Hill Rd, McHenry
REGISTER by Sunday, October 8th
to be accredited as a voting delegate.
Pursuant to MFRW Bylaws, Article XII, Section 3, club voting representation is calculated as 1 credentialed delegate for every 5 club members at June 30, 2023.
The club president is a voting member in her capacity as a member of the MFRW Board of Directors.
Pursuant to MFRW Bylaws, Article XII, Section 4, only accredited delegates have a voice and a vote. Each delegate is entitled to one vote.
Join us at the Wisp Resort in beautiful Garrett County for a long Fall weekend — October 13th to 15th — or just Sunday, October 15th for our Fall Convention.
SUNDAY — MFRW Fall Convention
- 8:00 a.m. Prayer Breakfast
- 9:30 a.m. Convention Call to Order — anticipate adjournment not later than 4:00 p.m.
- 4:30 p.m. Post-Convention fellowship at Branch Bender Cidery, Accident — MFRW will provide hors d’oeuvres
SATURDAY — the MFRW Slate will sponsor evening hospitality at Wisp Resort — Garrett County Republican Women’s Club invites those spending the weekend to join them Saturday afternoon in the Autumn Glory Festival Parade (no political attire or signs — parade rules in a non-election year).
FRIDAY — MFRW 1st Vice President Luanne Ruddell will host early arrivals at her home for food and relaxation around the fire pit (bring a camp chair) — 5:00 to 7:30 p.m.
“Why 3 days?” you ask…so that you can enjoy the Fall foliage and Garrett’s incomparable Autumn Glory Festival — a 5-day celebration of Autumn. Visit the link below for more information.
The full schedule of events and recreational opportunities can be found in the 2023 Autumn Glory Brochure at the link above. Here are two of the most popular:
- FRIDAY — The Official Maryland State Banjo, Fiddle & Mandolin Championships — Celebrating the sounds of the Appalachian Mountains showcased by musicians of all ages as they compete for cash prizes and the state title!
- SATURDAY — 56th Annual Autumn Glory Grand Feature Parade — The Garrett County Republican Women’s Club invites everyone to march with them in Saturday’s parade. They will be joining 100+ participating units — bands, marching units, clowns, antique vehicles and many unique floats by local clubs and organizations.