This year at our Fall Convention, we will be electing officers for the 2022 – 2023 term. Are you interested in running for one of our Board positions? We are always looking for energetic individuals who are willing to serve. Now is the perfect time to get more involved!
Here is the short version: At our Spring Board meeting, each region elected one representative to serve on the Nominating Committee. The Nominating Committee will select one candidate for each office to be presented at the Fall Convention as the slate of officers for the election. Any MFRW full member in good standing is eligible to run and should submit their name to the committee along with the office they are seeking. You may not run for more than one office however you may express interest to the Nominating Committee for more than one office.
You should submit your letter of intent and bio to the MFRW Corresponding Secretary at MFRWNominations@gmail.com by June 10th (30 days from today).
And here is the long version: After June 30th, the Nominating Committee will meet, evaluate the applications, and select a nominee for each position. This slate will be included with the Call to the Fall Convention. If you are not chosen to be on the slate, you may still run from the floor during the election. After the Nominating Committee makes their report, I will open the floor for additional Nominations.
Below is the section of our Bylaws that details the duties of each office. The Nominating Committee will choose one individual for each of the following offices: President, 1st Vice President, 2nd Vice President, 3rd Vice President, 4th Vice President, Treasurer, Assistant Treasurer, Corresponding Secretary, and Recording Secretary. No two Vice Presidents may come from the same region.
ARTICLE IV – MFRW OFFICERS AND THEIR DUTIES
Section 1 – Officers
Elected officers of the MFRW shall be President, First Vice President, Second Vice President, Third Vice President, Fourth Vice President, Corresponding Secretary, Recording Secretary, Treasurer, and Assistant Treasurer.
Section 2 – Eligibility
- Elected and appointed MFRW Officers, Regional Chairmen and Vice Chairmen, and members of Standing and Special committees shall be local federated club members in good standing.
- Only one MFRW Vice President shall serve from any Region during the same term of office.
- A candidate shall run for only one office in an election.
- No elected Officer shall serve for more than two (2) consecutive terms in the same office.
Section 3 — Term
- The MFRW Officers shall be elected at the MFRW Convention in the odd numbered years. The term will be for two (2) years beginning January 1. They serve until their successors are elected.
- The term of office for elected Officers shall be from January 1 following their election through December 31 of the second year, regardless of the date of installation.
Section 4 – Duties of the MFRW President
- The President shall be the chief executive officer of the Corporation; shall be charged with the general and active management and direction of the activities of the Corporation; and shall see that all orders and resolutions of the Board of Directors are effectuated.
- The President of MFRW shall serve as Chairman of the Board of Directors and shall preside at meetings, including meetings of the Board of Directors; shall appoint a Sergeant-at-Arms, a Parliamentarian, a General Counsel, an Historian, and members of all committees, except as herein otherwise provided; shall chair the Executive Committee; shall have general supervision and direction of all other Officers and shall see that their duties are properly performed; shall co-sign all MFRW checks; and shall perform such other duties as the Board of Directors may direct.
- The President shall submit an annual report to the Board of Directors.
- The President shall represent MFRW on the NFRW Board of Directors by attending meetings, making necessary reports and participating in NFRW activities. She shall also lead the MFRW delegation at the NFRW Conventions.
- The President shall represent MFRW on the Executive Committee of the Maryland Republican Party. She shall attend meetings, make reports of MFRW activities, and act as a liaison between MFRW and the Maryland Republican Party.
- The President shall be an ex officio member of all committees with the exception of the Nominating Committee; shall have the general powers and duties of a chief executive officer of a corporation; shall have the power to sign contracts as authorized by the Board of Directors; and perform such duties as properly required of her by the Board of Directors.
Section 5 – Duties of the MFRW Vice Presidents
The Vice Presidents, in their order, shall perform the duties of the President in her absence or inability to perform her duties; and they shall perform such other duties as may be assigned to them by the MFRW President. The First Vice President shall be a member of the Finance Committee.
Section 6 — Duties of the MFRW Recording Secretary
The Recording Secretary shall:
- Record and report quorums for all MFRW Executive Committee meetings, Board of Directors meetings, and conventions.
- Record the minutes of all meetings of the MFRW Executive Committee, the Board of Directors, and conventions.
- Prepare and maintain a permanent record book of all Minutes, and other documents.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned by the MFRW President.
Section 7 – Duties of the MFRW Corresponding Secretary
The Corresponding Secretary shall:
- Send notices for all meetings.
- Conduct correspondence as may be requested by the President or Board of Directors.
- Compile a Directory annually for distribution to all members of the Board of Directors.
- Notify new clubs of their admission to membership.
- Work with Recording Secretary to certify all voting members and proxies at Board of Director and convention meetings.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned by the MFRW President.
Section 8 – Duties of the MFRW Treasurer
The Treasurer shall:
- Have custody of the corporate funds; keep or cause to be kept full and accurate accounts of receipts and disbursements in books belonging to the Corporation; deposit all MFRW funds upon receipt from Assistant Treasurer, and other chairman who receive income for events (e.g. Bay Club, Legacy Fund) and deposit them in the name of Maryland Federation of Republican Women in a bank(s) account(s) as may be designated by the Executive Committee.
- Disburse funds of the Corporation according to the budget approved by the MFRW Board of Directors, taking proper vouchers for such disbursements. All disbursement checks shall be signed by the MFRW Treasurer.
- Keep accurate records, receipts and vouchers of all income and disbursements. These records will be open to inspection by the Board of Directors.
- Prepare treasurer’s reports of all transactions for the Executive Committee, Board of Directors, and conventions.
- Be bonded. MFRW will pay the premium for the bonding of the Treasurer for the faithful discharge of her duties.
- Shall serve as a member of the Finance Committee.
- At the end of her term, all MFRW books, papers and records of whatever kind, in her possession, shall be passed to the succeeding Treasurer.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned by the MFRW president.
Section 9 — Duties of the MFRW Assistant Treasurer
The Assistant Treasurer shall:
- Receive all MFRW dues, service charges and funds.
- Keep the membership statistics for MFRW.
- Record and report membership information to MFRW and NFRW
- Record and transfer all funds to MFRW Treasurer, for deposit.
- Serve as a member of the Finance Committee.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Please consider serving as one of the officers of the Maryland Federation of Republican Women. Your unique experiences and new perspectives will serve to make us stronger and better!