Saturday, February 11, the Maryland Federation of Republican Women hosted their 2017 High Performance Leaders Conference. Maryland Federation President Liz League and NFRW President Carrie Almond set an energetic tone to open the meeting. “Who would have thought a year ago that we would be celebrating a Republican in the White House, Republicans in control of the House and Senate, and the fact that women made the difference! We did it,” Carrie said. Appropriately, the MFRW presented Carrie with an “Almond” colored stuffed dog.
The feedback on our 2017 Leaders Conference was outstanding! Everyone enjoyed the interactive, collaborative style and sharing of ideas. Top presentations included our fave NFRW President Carrie Almond, Ella Ennis’ Legislative Update, and the SWOT session. Our mission of having the participants think about goal setting, planning, and networking was accomplished in a big way, as they committed to using the SWOT Analysis and Balanced Scorecard tools in their clubs going forward. We had 110 registrants for this dynamic Conference.
We emphasized our vision to become Maryland’s premier activist organization. And we agreed on our Integrity Statement:
- To be the strongest multigenerational, multicultural organization in Maryland where women can learn, engage and flourish in the political process
- To work together and with other groups in a respectful and collaborative way to further our mutual goal of electing Republicans to office and promoting conservative ideals
- To honor and respect differences of opinion and remain committed to mutual goals
- To work together positively and harmoniously, and set the standard for behavior in the Republican party
- To show courage in our convictions, strength of character, dignity, grace under pressure, responsibility and the ability to rise above the fray